Saturday, December 26, 2009

"Give thy thoughts no tongue."

William Shakespeare once wrote;

"Give thy thoughts no tongue."

In other words, keep it to yourself.

My biggest problem is my constant need to express myself through words. Since the day I could speak I have heard "Gee that Ashley, she sure can talk!" I was placed on this earth with so much to say. So this is me, continuing to do so in the hopes that you can relate in some way. I've been reading poetry as far back as I can recall and to this day I think the same thing...

Oh how I wish I could write poetry.

A poem, by definition, is "a verbal composition designed to convey experiences, ideas, or emotions in a vivid and imaginative way, characterized by the use of language chosen for its sound and suggestive power and by the use of literary techniques such as meter, metaphor, and rhyme."

To be honest, when It comes to my relationship to poetry all rules get tossed out to sea. I am in love and for this pure reason I am inspired.

My own personal goal is to write poetry.
I'll also post some of my photos. I just simply need something to believe in, something for myself to go to and to prove that I can finish something I've started. I cannot promise you this will be work to compare with the likes of Robert Frost, but it will convey my heart, typed out for you on the internet for all to see. Some may call that brave, to be honest I just don't at all mind sharing with you my thoughts without a care.

Think for yourself, feel what you feel and NEVER apologize for it.

To all of those courageous few, who are unafraid to love, this is for you.
forever yours,
Ashley


______________________


How is it we get there?
From cradle to urn.
Being grown means to fear.
Being grown means to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment